The Complete Series DVD Set!
On a weekly basis, from 1960 to 1964, the CBS network treated American audiences to two things they loved the most: television drama and cars. Starring Martin Milner, George Maharis and later Glenn Corbett, this series presented the exciting adventures shared by a pair of good-natured friends as they drove their Corvette convertible across the country, traversing the often dangerous highway known as Route 66.
By the end of the show’s run of 116 episodes, this semi-anthology series boasted an award for writing and two Emmy nominations for acting. The program’s impressive guest star roster included such classic screen legends as Lon Chaney, Jr., Buster Keaton, Peter Lorre and Boris Karloff, as well as up-and-coming cinematic stars Robert Duvall, James Caan, Robert Redford, Martin Sheen, Lee Marvin, Burt Reynolds, Gene Hackman and many more, making Route 66 as iconic as the highway itself.
- Rare 1990 William S. Paley Television Festival panel — Q&A style feature focusing on Route 66 with the following participants:
- Marion Dougherty (casting director)
- Arthur Hiller (director)
- Elliot Silverstein (director)
- George Maharis (“Buz Murdock”)
- Herbert B. Leonard (writer/producer)
- Vintage commercials
- Great Cars: Corvette — an in-depth look at the legendary sports car
Purchase Route 66: The Complete Series on DVD here!